Easy Filled Honey Cookies
If you’ve got an hour to spare along with a craving for something sweet, we’ve found the perfect recipe! These scrumptious cookies are super easy to make with 6 simple steps. It’s what’s in the middle that counts.
Total Time: 55 minutes. Prep Time: 30 minutes. Serves: 36.
¾ c. Shortening
½ c. sugar
⅓ c. honey
½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3½ c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
⅓ c. preserves
1 tbsp. undiluted evaporated milk or regular milk
2-in. round cookie cutter
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Line baking sheet(s) with nonstick foil.
2. In a large bowl, beat shortening, sugar, honey and vanilla with mixer until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time; beat until light in color
3. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt just until well mixed. Divide dough into 4 disks; wrap and refrigerate until ready to roll
4. On floured surface, roll out 1 disk at a time until 1⁄8 in. thick. Cut into rounds using a floured cookie cutter. Place half of the rounds 1 in. apart on prepared baking sheet(s)
5. Spoon 1⁄2 tsp preserves in center of rounds; top with remaining rounds. Press edges of each cookie together with tines of a fork. Brush with evaporated milk
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are golden. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely
For more recipes like this one, visit http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/
- Tags: Recipes