Hey Honey, can you believe summer is finally here?! With all outside lounging we have on our calendars this summer, we're always looking for fun and creative ways to stay cool. Be sure to chill out this summer with these simple yet delicious homemade berry, yogurt and honey popsicles! This recipe from Cookie and Kate offers lots of room for variation so you can customize it for your personal palate.
- 12 ounces (two small containers) small berries, like blueberries and raspberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar (preferably turbinado sugar), optional
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons + ¼ cup honey (to taste)
- 2 cups whole Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- ½ small lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, gently toss berries with the sugar, a dash of sea salt and 2 tablespoons honey. Pour the berries onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange the berries in a single layer. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway, or long enough for the berry juices to thicken but not burn (watch the edges in particular).
- While the fruit is roasting, blend together the Greek yogurt and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Mix in honey to taste, until it is barely sweet enough for your liking (keep in mind that the berries will be very sweet). Add more lemon juice if you want tart popsicles.
- Let the berries cool for at least ten minutes, then scrape the berries and all of their juices into the bowl of yogurt. Use a big spoon to gently fold the mixture together (for a marbled effect, do not mix thoroughly).
- Use the spoon to transfer the yogurt blend into the popsicle mould and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least four hours. When you’re ready to pop out the popsicles, run warm water around the outsides of the moulds for about ten seconds and gently remove the popsicles. Enjoy immediately.
Total Time: 35 mins | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
Happy Summer, honey!
Photo by cookieandkate.com
- Tags: Recipes