The Perfect Leftover Pairing: Honey Yeast Rolls Recipe
Hey Honey, is there anything better than fresh honey yeast rolls with your Thanksgiving leftovers? I just want you to imagine it for a second. You've got a whole lot of leftover turkey, but, of course, the rolls are already gone. Well, solve your problem by checking out this amazing recipe from My Recipes.
- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- Step 1: Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, and let stand 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until 100° to 110°.
- Step 3: Stir together warm milk, eggs, and next 3 ingredients in bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, blending well. Add yeast mixture, stirring to combine. Gradually add 5 cups flour, beating at medium speed, using paddle attachment. Beat 3 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand 1 hour.
- Step 4: Uncover dough, and add remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, beating at medium speed 5 minutes. (Dough will be sticky.) Transfer to a lightly greased large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Step 5: Punch down dough. Turn dough out on a well-floured surface, and roll into 28 (2 1/2-inch) balls (about 1/4 cup dough per ball). Place balls in 4 lightly greased 9-inch pans (7 balls per pan). Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Step 6: Stir together 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/4 cup honey.
- Step 7: Bake rolls at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with honey butter. Serve with remaining honey butter.
- Step 8: Note: To freeze, place baked rolls in zip-top plastic freezer bags, and freeze up to two months. Let thaw at room temperature. Reheat, if desired.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Tags: Recipes