Hey Honey! Did you know that joy and laughter are extremely beneficial for your health? Did you know these facial expressions, such as smiling or laughter, are also to blame for wrinkles around your mouth and eyes? But that doesn’t mean we are going to stop laughing!
The skin around our eyes is sensitive. It’s usually the first to show signs of aging, the area that lets people know when you didn’t get enough sleep the previous night (no matter how good your reasons are) or if you’ve had too much to drink. Due to the thinness of this area, proper skin care is vital for keeping skin smooth and youthful, and reducing/preventing damage.
Here are a few tips for taking care of this sensitive skin:
- Remove eye makeup gently! Excessive rubbing or pulling on a daily basis will lead to long term damage, such as fine lines and wrinkles. Our Come Undone Face & Eye Daily Makeup Remover and our Don’t Miss A Spot Fresh Honey Cleansing Foam, are hydrating and gentle enough to use on this delicate skin.
- Reduce puffiness or discoloration around the eyes with a cold compress held on the area for 5 minutes. A great trick is to freeze a metal spoon and hold it over your eye, as it fits in socket perfectly.
- Amino Acids are compounds that are an essential component in the skin renewal process. The body makes 20 amino acids itself, but also needs additional amino acids which must be obtained through food. Eating a high protein diet is a great way to fuel your body with these essential amino acids.
- Honey is a wonderful way to soften the skin and reduce visible lines. Rub honey under your eyes and let sit for 10 minutes then gently wash off. Our Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid also contains honey and provides immediate effects. It wakes your eyes up by reducing puffiness, providing hydration, and tightening the skin, effectively minimizing the appearance of fine lines for a visibly lifted effect.
- Drink plenty of water! Caffeine and alcohol dry out the skin, so it is important to limit your intake. Eating excessive amounts of salt or sugar can also have a drying effect on your skin.
- Wear SPF, this is a good reminder for your whole body, but protecting that thin area of skin around your eyes from harmful rays can prevent burn and sun damage.
- Don’t panic, dark circles/puffiness can be genetic or unavoidable at times. Our Trick & Treat Active Propolis Cream Concealer minimizes the appearance of dark circles and discolorations.
Now there is no need to hide behind those shades, honey!
- Tags: Skincare