Hey Honey, we're so relieved summer is finally here. For us, that means a little extra free time to try new things! We're starting by sweetening up our breakfasts with this yummy and versatile butter spread from Barefeet in the Kitchen. It's honestly suitable any time of day, but we love the idea of spreading it on a warm scone in the morning.
- 1 cup salted butter softened*
- 8 strawberries chopped and mashed, yielding 1/2 cups worth of liquid and puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until fluffy, at least 3 minutes. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Add the smashed strawberries and their liquid to the butter and beat again until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the honey and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until needed. Let soften at room temperature for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy! *Feel free to use unsalted and add a pinch of fine sea salt as needed.
Photo by barefeetinthekitchen.com